Sunday 19 June 2011

A Haircut And Ink Please!

There are a string of interviews and documentaries that I will be sharing with you guys across the site over the next week or so. To start it off, these are two gems I found a while back. 
First up is a lovely little piece all about tattoo artist Luke Wessman. I have so much respect for this guy, but then when you watch this short film you will see why and that most people also have a large amount of respect for this man. Not only is his work incredible, he is a very down to earth, true gent. I only have videos and what he writes in his Blog and on his Twitter to go on. But by that alone I see that this is the kind of guy you want to look up to and learn from in life. I only hope that one day I'll be lucky enough and to meet and get a tattoo from the man himself.
This video just basically talks in brief about the life and times of Luke Wessman, as told by himself and friends. It is shot so beautifully. Some amazing mid tattooing shots and nice shots of the pier and beach. Check this out! 



Next up, we have another small video interview about a barbershop. Now in the US and UK and many places these days, the barbershop is slowly becoming a dying trade. Now I know for myself that in UK it's mainly because a lot of these places are owned by older men and woman who then sell it on to someone who doesn't really know what their doing. They give bad haircuts and before you know it no one goes and they close down. Well, it seems that US has a similar problem. Only difference being that the US does something about it. 
This is Hawleywoods Barbershop and I tell you, if I had a place like this in the UK I would go! I can't actually put into words how amazing this place looks. The only thing you need to know, is that when you want to be a man's man (as put in the video) get a traditional haircut and shave... Go there! 
Check this little video out for yourself and I bet you'll want to go too. Also what an amazingly shot and put together video.


2 comments: