Saturday 18 February 2012

Old Ghostly Tunes?

I would like to take this second to introduce you all to one of the best bands that you will ever listen to "This Old Ghost". Never heard of them you say? Well, that's maybe because they aren't yet signed. But let me tell you, they should be.

I found these guys (and girl) while browsing through Bandcamp with my guitarist, as we usually do, for new and exciting music. Little did I know was that I would fall in love with this band and their music so hard. Everyone is very familiar by now with the New York indie rock scene, it's not a new thing. It has been around for years and has spawned some amazing bands/singer songwriters. Which is actually quite funny because hailing from New York themselves, their name could almost represent the scene itself with it being a now VERY old ghost, haunting everyone's ears beautifully. The thing I find with these guys though is how they take that indie rock sound and make it completely their own. These are no clones to be found here. With their quintessential American vocals, extremely hypnotic but almost country melodies, haunting yet beautiful flute and very hard hitting drum beats, this band has the most essential sound to hit music in the past 10 years.

Their album "Island of Violent Lovers" is utterly brilliant. Every track with it's own unique quality; it has to be heard to believe how perfect they execute it all. I am actually really surprised that these guys haven't been snapped up a long time ago.

I could sit and talk about these folks all day. But I think what you all need to do now is go and listen for yourselves... and you can! Their album is FREE! Yes Free to download over on Bandcamp. Nip on across now and take hold of one of the best bands of the past decade!


No comments:

Post a Comment