Wednesday 1 June 2011

All Geared Up!!

So a few years ago now I got myself an Xbox360 after a long time of denying that it exists purely due to the thought that nothing could be as good looking or entertaining as playing Spider-man 2 on the PlayStation 2

I had never heard much about the games that were coming out for it, or what kind of games they were. Just a couple of brief looks at my mates one he had bought when they first kind of came out here in the UK. So when I did eventually get one I just picked most of the popular games that were around for it at the time. 
My Gran (amazing woman that she was) bought me Gears Of War special edition (in the steel case with the art work book and everything) for my Christmas. I put the disc in and started it up. I was hooked!

What happened from there was all night gaming action, I missed college a few times, made friends on it, made some enemies on it and had some crazy good fun!

Image provided by Google® Images

This game had a great little story, but just not enough to keep me that gripped; the multiplayer was most definitely where my focus lay.

That is where Gears of War 2 fell for me. The multiplayer was just trying to be... too much. The story in this had been so much better and just left the first one like it's NPCs, cold, STRANDED and alone. So why had the multiplayer been so shocking? Now I do realise that this may seem totally wrong, I do know of a lot of people that thought the first one was sluggish and not up to much.

 
Image provided by Google® Images
 
Well, that is where a new monster hurls itself in the midst. Ever since GOW2 there has been quite a wait. We have been left clutching our gold lancers from the epic edition of Gears2. I myself have had two tattoos on my wrists, Gears is in my veins. 
Gears of War 3 is almost upon us, but before they release it, they had a small tester session. The Beta was released to people that had pre-ordered the game or purchased a copy of Bulletstorm epic edition. 



 



This by far, was the best multiplayer I have ever played. Not just out of the Gears series. EVER!! I got my old Xbox live buddy on (shout out to Gary Markie) and just had some more sleepless nights and one hell of a lot of fun fragging guys and taking them out with some of the old favourites, but also some amazing new weapons such as, Sawn-off shotgun, One shot (sniper rifle thing) and Retro Lancer (powerful assault rifle with bayonet).

I seriously cannot wait for this to come out. This game is very highly anticipated on my part and looks to be the next big game for Xbox360 in multiplayer! 

In the mean time before the game releases we will hopefully have more advertisements such as this to get excited over. Enjoy the amazing campaign video that came out just days ago. 

1 comment: